Public Relations is about building public trust and preserving the reputation of a business. It is a strategic method of persuasion through carefully crafted messaging and adherence to communication psychology.
The most common method is through public statements, including press release statements. Additional examples include developing process to manage customer/public expectations through the following:
- Crisis management from system outages
- Change management for mergers, divestitures and staffing changes
- Persuasion messaging to forward support for a cause or policy
- Build condenses and brand image
- Speech writing and coaching for executives and public figures
“Advertising is what you pay for, publicity is what you pray for.”
Anyone can sell an ad space, but few have mastered the at of Public Relations. Choose wisely.